One Pot Sweet Potato Rice Dinner
Updated: Sep 3, 2018
There is nothing worse then coming home from a long day at work, opening the refrigerator door, staring at its contents for 5 whole minutes and trying to figure out what to cook. My clients feel mentally exhausted some nights, and say cooking just requires too much brain power.
I developed this recipe with my clients in mind, for those nights where you are too tired to fuss around in the kitchen, but still want a healthy and home cooked meal! This recipe is based around easy cupboard staples, black beans, corn, Full Green Sweet Potato Rice and plenty of spices! In fact, there are only 4 ingredients that need chopping... garlic, red onion, red bell pepper and fresh coriander (cilantro).
I always recommend my clients keep canned beans and ready-made grains in the pantry for quick and easy meals, as they are low maintenance and packed with plenty of nutrition!
Recipe (serves 4)
Total Cook Time: 20 Minutes
-2 Packs Full Green Sweet Potato Rice
-1 Clove Garlic, Diced
-1 Red Bell Pepper
-Juice of 1 lime
-1 Small Red Onion, Diced
-300g Raw King Prawns
-1.5 Tablespoons Olive Oil
-1 400g Can Black Beans, Rinsed and Drained
-1 200g Can SweetCorn, Low Sodium, Rinsed and Drained
-2 Cups chopped Coriander
-2 Teaspoons paprika
-2 Teaspoons Chilli Powder
-1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
-1 Tablespoon Cumin
-Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Heat a large skillet on Medium Heat. Once pan is hot, add Olive Oil
2. Add diced peppers and diced onion and sauté until onions begin to soften
3. Add garlic and stir to prevent garlic from burning
4. Add Sweet Potato Rice and spices and mix well
5. Add Prawns, 1/2 chopped coriander and lime juice
6. When prawns are cooked through, throw in Black Beans and Corn and incorporate well
7. Finish off with the remaining chopped coriander on-top
Disclaimer: This recipe was in exchange for free product and compensation from Full Green.